On the 4th of February 1949, a year after Sri Lanka gained independence, Deshabandu Albert Edirisinghe opened an optical store in Kollupitiya, under his name. The goal for Albert Edirisinghe Opticians was simple: improve the lives of Sri Lankans around the country with quality eyewear.
As the country grew from strength to strength, so did Albert Edirisinghe Opticians. We were the first optical firm to produce frames for eyeglasses locally, which led to us becoming a market leader in the optometric service market. Our attention to detail and exemplary customer care meant the name Albert Edirisinghe became synonymous with quality. The Ediringhe family has continued to lead the company with passion, constantly championing efforts to expand and improve. This tradition is currently being carried on by the third generation.
After over seven decades of serving our loyal customers around the island, we are proud of the work we have done. With seven stores around the country that provide premium frames, lenses, contact lenses, hearing aids, accessories and aftercare services, we continue to enrich people's lives by enabling them to see the world clearly.